- National Programmes of Care (NPoC)
National Programmes of Care are strategies which group together the prescribed (nationally agreed range of) specialised services. These strategies will enable the commissioning of services to be based on clear evidence and ensure that they are cost effective and patient focused.
The six NPoC’s are:
– Internal medicine – digestion, renal, hepatobiliary and circulatory system
– Mental health
– Trauma – traumatic injury, orthopaedics, head and neck and rehabilitation
– Women and children – women and children, congenital and inherited diseases
– Blood and infection – infection, immunity and haematology