MAP offer strategic insight and a truly joined-up package in the UK and Ireland whilst leveraging our experience to support companies in other European markets.
Creation of health technology assessment (HTA) submissions are one of our primary services offered as part of a joined-up package. Depending on the product and disease area, HTAs are often a critical step in seeking reimbursement across Europe.
MAP’s strategic pricing and reimbursement experience includes the completion of 68 HTA submissions across Europe, including submissions to:
- England: National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Scotland: Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC)
- Wales: All Wales Medicines Strategy Group (AWMSG)
- Ireland: National Centre for Pharmacoeconomics (NCPE)
- Sweden: Dental and Pharmaceutical Benefits Agency (TLV)
- Canada: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH)
Examples of consultancy services that MAP have delivered to support market entry and commercialisation
- Accelerating NICE approval for a treatment for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Reviewing and adapting a health economic model for a medium-sized biotech company to achieve positive NICE guidance, based on identification of an optimal ICER which NICE was likely to, and did, approve
- Reviewing an SMC submission and guidance for a large pharmaceutical company on how to adapt this to achieve positive guidance from the NCPE in the Republic of Ireland
- Providing a small pharmaceutical company with a technical report providing details of patient rights to treatment in England and Scotland, including the processes and steps required to gain reimbursement in the absence of positive HTA guidance